- noviembre 12, 2018Fifty Masters of Wine Tour California Regions & Wines: A Photo Review
- octubre 30, 2018California Wine 2018 Harvest Report: Slow and Steady Growing Season Brings Excellent Quality Across the State
- agosto 23, 2018California Wine Month Events Make September the Time to Visit Wine Country
- mayo 23, 2018California Wine Sales in U.S. Market Hit $35.2 Billion in 2017
- marzo 29, 2018Winners Announced for Fourth Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- marzo 27, 2018Celebrate “Down To Earth Month” in April with California Wine Events
- marzo 26, 2018U.S. Wine Exports Total $1.53 Billion in 2017
- noviembre 08, 2017California Wine 2017 Harvest Report: Strong Quality Across the State as Ample Rain Ends Drought
- septiembre 07, 2017New Wine Institute Video Series Celebrates “California Wines: Behind the Glass”
- agosto 21, 2017Celebrate California Wine Month in September
- junio 28, 2017California Wineries Offer Top Wine and Food Experiences Year-Round
- junio 08, 2017Winery Concerts, Festivals, Picnics and More: Great Ways to Experience California Wine Country this Summer
- mayo 02, 20172016 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit New Record: 238 Million Cases with Retail Value of $34.1 Billion
- abril 06, 2017Winners Announced for Third Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- marzo 27, 2017Raise a Glass to "Green" California Wines During Down to Earth Month in April
- marzo 09, 2017Explore California’s Wine Regions on the Rise
- febrero 14, 2017California Wine Exports Reach Record $1.62 Billion in 2016
- enero 05, 2017Explore Southern California on a California Wines Road Trip
- diciembre 14, 2016Explore the Inland Valleys on a California Wines Road Trip
- noviembre 15, 2016California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Drinks Business 2016 Green Award
- noviembre 01, 2016Explore Monterey County on a California Wines Road Trip
- octubre 19, 20162016 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Normal Yield, Exquisite Quality
- octubre 12, 2016Explore Paso Robles & San Luis Obispo on a California Wines Road Trip
- septiembre 29, 2016Explore Santa Barbara on a California Wines Road Trip
- agosto 18, 2016Cheers to California Wine Month this September
- agosto 04, 2016California Wine Shows Strength in Challenging Economy: 2015 Annual Economic Impact Grows to $57.6 Billion in California, $114.1 Billion in U.S.
- julio 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- junio 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- junio 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- mayo 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
SAN FRANCISCO — CSWA is the winner of the 2016 Green Award, the Amorim Sustainability Award for a Generic Organization, given by The Drinks Business, an industry trade publication based in London. The publication judges lauded CSWA for building on nearly 15 years of accomplishments in promoting sustainable winegrowing and winemaking practices throughout California.
Among CSWA’s achievements in 2015 and 2016 are the release of the 2015 California Wine Community Sustainability Report, a dramatic increase in participation in Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing, and the launch of the California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards.
The Drinks Business Green Awards are in their seventh year, a testament to how the green agenda has increasingly gained importance in the global wine industry.
CSWA’s Sustainability Report documents broad participation in the Sustainable Winegrowing Program and wide adoption of the practices by California wineries and vineyards representing 170,000 hectares (69% of the state’s winegrape acreage) and over 212 million cases (79% of cases produced in the state). Since the program’s inception in 2002, nearly 14,000 vintners and growers have attended CSWA workshops. CSWA’s third-party audit program, Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing, also shows increased participation. To date, certified wineries and vineyards account for 64% of the total cases produced in California and 18% of California’s total winegrape hectares/acreage. Additionally, CSWA, along with other California wine industry partners, also introduced a new annual awards program to showcase some of the leading California vintners and growers committed to sustainability.
“We are so honored to receive international recognition of our program by The Drinks Business,” said Allison Jordan, executive director of CSWA. “With California as the fourth largest wine region in the world, we hope the scale of this accomplishment will help us realize our vision of vibrant businesses, stronger communities and a healthy environment.”
The California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization incorporated in 2003 by Wine Institute and the California Association of Winegrape Growers. CSWA’s mission is to ensure that the California wine community is recognized globally as the leader in sustainable winegrowing in the marketplace and public policy arena through the development and promotion of sustainable practices, tools for education and outreach, partnerships with key stakeholders, and prioritizing research.